Equilox Stubbie with Plungers - 150ml
The Equilox 1 is their slower setting formula adhesive hoof repair system. It is a flexible resin which can be used for anything from:
- Glue-on shoes
- Restoring hoof wall integrity
- Major hoof reconstruction
- Patching cracks
- Foal extensions
- Preventing infection
Once applied, Equilox sets up in minutes. When cured the hoof can then be rasped, nailed, and trimmed just like natural hoof wall. The Stubbie is sufficient for a once off application and manageable to use.
The Equilox Advantage:
- Remains flexible enough after curing to be filed and shaped
- Superior tensile strength remains intact while enduring tremendous wear & tear
- Long-lasting & resilient remains bonded to the hoof for up to 8 weeks or more
- Once cured it maintains the same properties as the hoof wall and can be rasped, nailed, & trimmed
- Grows out with the hoof wall, & can be trimmed off
- Cures faster with lack of oxygen (wrapping the hoof), & when heat is applied. Alternatively, refrigerate to lengthen the cure time
- Contains an etching agent specifically for glue-on aluminum shoes, so footwear goes in place and, once cured, stays there
Sets up in 6 - 8 minutes, final cure in 10 -13 minutes at 21° Celsius.
Lasts at least 6 months from fill date on the label, longer if kept refrigerated.
The 150 ml cartridge fits into a regular caulking gun with a required 'Stubbie' adapter (included). Recommended use with the Large Applicator Mixing Tips, but not required.