Red Horse - Stronghorn Hoof Hardener
New label, new sizes, exactly the same product, ingredients and formula: you will notice some changes to our labelling but don't worry this is exactly the same product that Red Horse has been making for years. Red Horse has updated the labels to meet labelling regulatory requirements. Meaning Red Horse has omitted some labelling elements that are not mandatory and added others that are. Red Horse still uses the same quality ingredients in the same high concentrations!
Stronghorn spray nourishes and toughens horn tissue and is a powerful hoof cleansing agent.
No need to use a hoof disinfectant, Stronghorn is a powerful cleansing agent on it’s own.
Its spray-on formula makes it easy to apply and more convenient than many paint-on hoof hardeners which come in narrow-based bottles that are easy to knock over.
Red Horse does not use formalin in any of their products.
- Zinc sulphate - A powerful, non-caustic, antifungal agent.
- MSM - A naturally occurring source of sulphur to promote the growth of healthy hoof tissue.
- Lemon oil - An essential oil with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Elemi oil - An essential oil with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Citric acid - A natural preservative to extend the life of the product.
- Natural surfactants - To maintain product consistency.
Clean the hoof. Spray 2-4 sprays per foot, a little time on a dry surface to allow it to soak in is advised. Spray product onto the underside of hoof and around any nail clenches, avoiding the frog unless it is very soft. Apply daily until improvement is shown and then phase to weekly applications over time. For best results allow to dry prior to work or turnout.
*Sold in 500ml Bottle*